Thursday, July 14, 2005

Words

"When a person really desires something all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream." - Coelho, 'The Alchemist'

Do you believe this to be true? Or do you believe that the universe has a way of working oppositely of what you want? Perhaps it seems that way because you think you know what you want, and it really isn't what your true desire is?

I'm thinking about this because...because I always think of stupid stuff...
Well that's true too, but today I was going through the motions of my daily routine and I thought: so this is it...this is what my life is...this is it?!

I have always made the safest choices.
I was always concerned with what others might think.
Always had to make someone else happy.
Quite the typical asian chick scenario.

And now it's catching up to me.

So that brings me to the above quote. Maybe all the stuff going on right now is the universe conspiring to wake me up. With small changes, I feel like I'm reclaiming pieces of me I forgot about. Some days I feel like I'm destined for great things, others I feel like I will eternally be Bridget Jones without the happy ending. Eh, that's life. But with each step, puzzle pieces of my "true desire" is coming closer to fitting together. I can't make out what the big picture is yet but I'm getting there.

Response from an older friend:
Putting the pieces together is where the thrill lies.
Welcome to your 20's.

No comments: