Friday, July 15, 2005

Bibliophile


Currently reading:
Love in the Time of Cholera
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez


I miss reading so very much. I used to devour books. I loved getting so lost in the story that I couldn't put it down, not even to sleep or eat. Let me tell ya, my poor eyesite is most likely due to reading in bed with dim light so my parents wouldn't know I was still awake. As I got older, my appreciation for not only a quality plotline, but also language grew. My tastes started to include books that were intimidating to me before because I had difficulty grasping the lush language used to describe an otherwise everyday situation. You can tell when someone's words hit a nerve when in reading a particular sentence, you feel like that is the most original and undeniably truthful thing you've ever heard.

Now with work and all, I barely have time to finish a magazine, much less a book. But when I was browsing the Borders store on Mich Ave. last weekend, I passed Love in the Time of Cholera and was immediately drawn to it. I was told I must read Love after I tore through 100 Years of Solitude by Marquez earlier. I was lured in by his passionate language and thought I have GOT to read another book by him. So I picked up the paperbook with a new resolve to be a consistent reader again. I'm not reading anywhere near the rate I used to but I'm feeling the way I used to as a kid and I'm LOVING it. Sooo as soon as I hit "Publish Post" guess what I'm gonna do?

No comments: