Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hola. :)


I need more of this. I just want to hop on a plane, go to some far off land and disappear for a week. I'm really kicking myself for not taking a pic when we first took off for Cinci. We were approaching downtown and the sun was just starting to rise. The good 'ole skyline came into view and just then the sun broke out, bathing the city and the horizon in this creamy pink/orange light. Now that is the proper way to start the day! We live in such a truly beautiful city.

The next few days were pretty chill. Ah...corporate culture. Have a few meetings, schmooze, have an all out dinner and retire to your king bed in your huge suite for the night. Sleep and repeat the next day. Even better, you don't have to pay for anything. I wish we did this more often...

Work quickly piled up as soon as I got back but it was nothing that a dinner out with the girls couldn't fix. We headed out to de cero's on Randolph and although it was good, it was the most I have ever spent on Mexican food! Geez, I had two pork tomatillo tacos, a blazin' hot goat cheese tamale, and washed it down with a tamarind margarita all to the tune of $30! This would have cost me less than 10 bucks at Los Arcos for something comparable but I guess that's the price that comes with the atmosphere.

Yay - the weekend is here. I'm out for more good eats and good company...

No comments: