Wednesday, February 22, 2006

All It Takes Is Chocolate, Really

I found this to be interesting on Gapers Block today. When asked "How old are you anyway?", these 2 responses caught my eye.

"In four months i will be 27.
twenty-seven! twenty-seven! the greying has begun! the twisted ankle is STILL not healed! the fertility has become an unexpected topic of discussion! the friends are now beginning to marry! the desire to own a house has arisen! twenty-seven, the year in which i tell aging that if the house is a-rocking, it should not bother knocking; it should, rather, enter at will."

"28.
Wait, is that right? I always have to think about it.
It's like the faux-adult age. Some peeps are getting hitched, some are buying places (meee!), some are birthing. But no one's doing all 3 things. We're just testing out being grownups. "


And I thought I was the only one that felt this way. When I was a kid, being 25/26 years old seemed so much more mature than it really is. I feel like I'm still a kid! I thought I would have a lot more things figured out at this point but I'm still clueless. Some people have a 5 year plan and lucky them they stick to it. Me, I have no idea what I may do tomorrow, much less 5 years from now. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. Some days you're on top of the world, you've got family, friends, a good job etc. Things couldn't be more perfect! Other days something doesn't feel right. Am I doing what I'm meant to do? Am I truly happy? Today was one of those days. So what did I do? I ate all of this in one sitting:



I immediately felt much better! One of the best parts about being a 20-something is that chocolate can fix damn near anything still.

No comments: