Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday The 13th

Today at work I was a BLOODY mess.

Well not literally, but visually. Quite a site - damn, wish I had a camera on me.

For those that don't know, I work as a food technologist with a large food company. I specifically work with dressings and sauces, coming up with new products for restaurants that, 9 out of 10, you most likely have eaten at. Now when you work with food you use a lot of supa-dupa concentrated colors and concoctions that make a product look "natural" in color. You'd be surprised to know that a lot of the dressings you buy off store shelves would probably be white or gray w/o some Yellow #5 lovin'. Check your label - you'll see what I'm talking about.

Today though the culprit was oleoresin paprika, basically the oil extract of paprika which is a VERY concentrated orange/red color. In my typical Amelia Bedelia like fashion I spilled a small 4oz jar. But good Lord! It looked like a massacre of a small animal happened right there on our lab floor with me as the villain since my hands were stained with evidence and the rest of me was COVERED in it. So you can imagine trying to clean up this red oily mess...let's just say I have permanently left my mark with the company with a nice orange stain on our half of our NEW floor.

My boss was oh so thrilled.

No comments: